Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Scouting it out.

May 2nd, 2006
Yesterday I learned to take pictures with my phone. To about 95% of the population, this is so not a big deal. The idea of this to me, is a lot like making a phone call with my toaster… BIZARRE. I can handle the computer, ATM machines and gas pumps…….. sort of , but text messaging, and taking pictures with my phone have me feeling like I am from the stone age. I just don’t get it ;-)

Yesterday though I had no choice… had to learn. On Friday we have a “Getting Ready” bridal session with our next bride, Danni. I went down to Mission Valley to check out the area we will be shooting in, and make a small side trip to Nordstrom Rack, well…. hey, as long as I am there… and WOW what a location! Unfortunately, I didn’t bring along my camera, and HAD to get some shots of this spot, so out came the phone. I had no idea this place existed! This is an apartment complex in Mission Valley that has this amazing fountain, and has the cutest little trolley stop in it too. I am SO excited about shooting there! The fountain reminded me so much of the Buckingham fountain in Chicago….. my home town ;-)

The grounds around the fountain are beautifully landscaped with ferns, ivy and bougainvillea. I spent about a half an hour wandering around envisioning Danni in many different scenes and poses there, looking to see where the light hit best, checking different angles, all with my trusty camera phone to my eye, I stalked the spot feeling like some kind of super spy…… so happy nobody was out there watching this! The wedding photographer with a camera phone!

When I got home, Skip & I huddled around the screen on the camera phone so he could get a feeling for this spot too. Technology! Maybe today I will make that call on my toaster ;-)

No comments: