Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Big Solo show!

Written By: Heather

Last night I was reminded again what it like to be a bride planning her wedding day. You plan for months and months, cover every detail at least 4 times, have such a hard time sleeping the night before, butterflies in your stomach all day and then in an instant it is over! I have been working on this solo show and reception for months, and yesterday was the big day. It was TERRIFIC! So many of our alumni Shadowcatcher Brides & Grooms were there, many new Brides & Grooms of ours, friends, family, other wedding vendors and photographers, the people who were models in the images that were shown, important people in the art community. It was amazing to have everyone in one place! The feeling of support is impossible to describe!

This was the hardest part of the whole night.. I had to go up and be "recognised" and congratulated by the director of the Art Institute, Tim Fields. I dragged my model Corbin up there with me ;-) Once this part was over, I relaxed and had fun.

Here is what the show looked like....





I was so happy to have the owner of the Gallerie de Art International, Fillipo Floridia show up! He brought the director of the Oceanside Museum of Art along with him to show her my work... and they LOVED it! Mr. Floridia is going to be showing these images in his gallery on Cedros in Solana Beach as soon as they come out of the Art Institute!

So now today... I am so thankful to everyone who made it down to the reception and also so thankful to be out of the spotlight... and to be getting ready for today's big Lucky Seven Wedding with Jackie& Jim! Woooo Hooo! Back to the comfortable side of the camera again!

No comments: