Written by Heather:

Ms. Sass's jurors statement said... "I was looking for work that pushed the edge a bit for this show. Either in use of medium or content. I was able to find a good selection of artworks that fit this vision".
I have never really met a photographer yet who was happy being on the other side of the camera and we are no exception.
Unfortunately we needed a new picture for our "Who's Who in Photography"profile in San Diego Style Weddings Magazine. Of course, we put this off until the very last possible minute, and then wound up doing it in our backyard with our daughter, Jennie,( a great photographer BTW) doing the pictures for us right before we headed out the door to an awards ceremony (more on that farther down). Jennie did a great job, we didn't do as well... but here are some of my favorites. I kind of like them all in this format but may either use the first or last one in the magazine. If 

you have a favorite, we would love to hear which one it is!
After we got that out of the way, we headed over to the Escondido Arts Partnerhip where an image that I did for my Solo show of work at the San Diego Art Institute was given the honor of an award in a show juried by Catherine Sass who is the Art Director for the Port of San Diego.

Ms. Sass's jurors statement said... "I was looking for work that pushed the edge a bit for this show. Either in use of medium or content. I was able to find a good selection of artworks that fit this vision".
Needless to say... we are very excited about being given this recognition!
No comments:
Post a Comment