Thursday, April 05, 2007

"Trash The Dress" and some BIG NEWS!

Written By: Heather April 5th, 2007

Wow... where do I start with this one??


As some of you may know from past Blogs, before weddings Skip & I were very involved with doing photography as "Fine Art" and showing in galleries in the area. When we were very involved in showing at the San Diego Art Institute, I earned 2 solo shows for myself by being in the top 19 artists who showed their work there. This was determined by a point system, with points given by various judges during competitions.

My first solo show, "Running With Scissors", was in 2004, and the second one will be in July of this year. The new show is called, "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Women with an Edge".

I was really surprised when I got a call last month from SDAI telling me the show was this summer, I have been so busy with weddings that I had no idea it was coming up... and NO new work to show...... bad position to be in. I was so freaked out about it that I almost pulled out and gave up the opportunity, but with the support of great family and friends, I am going for it!

The images in the show will feature brides with an edge... something a bit different from the beautiful brides I have the opportunity to work with every day.

My first shoot for the project was this last Tuesday with Katy who is the wedding coordinator out at Callaway Winery in Temecula.
Katy is such a trooper,I emailed her with what I had in mind and she was so eager to help me out. Katy hooked me up with florist, Heather Manley from The Victorian Rose in Temecula, who donated this amazing bouquet for the shoot.
Heather's designs are breathtaking, if you are looking for a florist with an endless imagination, give Heather a call- 800-201-3204. http://www.victorianrose-murrieta.com

Becoming very popular in our industry today is a bridal session called "Trash The Dress". This gives brides the opportunity to do some kind of funky, fun pictures after the wedding day, without worrying about getting their dress dirty. With Katy, I pushed the limits a bit, and then even more with some work I did in the editing process. Some of these will be in my solo at SDAI.
Here are some of my favorites....

The next two images show that I really didn't get her that dirty and may be a better example of what a normal "Trash The Dress" session might be like, besides, she looked so beautiful, I just had to add a few of these ;-)
Some after work on the same seies of images back in the studio
I love this one because it almost looks like the vines are on fire.





I want to take this space to give a HUGE THANKS to Katy for all of her help on this project... you were THE BEST! And also to Heather for the bouquet, it was PERFECT!
My next session for the solo show will be next week out in the Desert with a great couple who is coming all the way out here from the east Coast for the shoot... stay tuned ;-)
To see all of the images from katy's Trash The Dress session please visit our online viewing site at http://www.shadowcatcher.photoreflect.com

No comments: