Saturday, April 08, 2006

Some odds & Ends from the week..

We haven’t posted anything here in our Blog section in a while so I thought I would take a few minutes this morning and catch up on a few things.

First… I REALLY hate daylight savings time! Why is it, you set the clock back and loose that hour but never seem to find it again till the winter? I have been running behind ever since the change. Thank goodness for the cold Dalmatian nose that has been poking me out of the bed every morning ;-)

This week I was finally able to figure out the slideshow program for our website and have been in the process of updating all of the “Featured Weddings” to the slideshow format. I really like the look!

This week also brought the addition of a new book publisher to our line of albums, very nice quality, so we will be replacing our current company on all of the Standard Coffee table albums with them. Hopefully next week I can get a sample album put together.

Our first real ad came out too this week in San Diego Style Magazine… wooo hooo…. It’s a bit small (ads are EX-spensive) but we LOVE it! They also did an interview with Skip on our favorite places to shoot in San Diego, and asked us to send in a couple of pics, which they included in the magazine. So we have a bit of a write up in there and 2 images.

This weekend is going to be a full one for us. Today we have a wedding at the La Jolla Bridge Club and I am really excited about this one…. We LOVE shooting at a venue that is new to us… and this one is no exception. We met the bride, Kase, there last Sunday and checked out the location. What a beautiful spot, we have some great ideas for shots down on the rocks by the ocean. I had never seen this spot, the rocks jut out into the ocean leaving an amazing rock stage to pose the bride and groom, this is VERY inspiring….. stay tuned for those ;-)

Sunday we have a couple of interviews with prospective brides & grooms and in the afternoon we have a shoot at a hair salon, that will be a big change from today’s shoot, no people, we are just shooting the interior of the salon to be used as a virtual tour on the website.
An interesting weekend indeed, if I ever get off this computer and get it started ;-)

No comments: