Sunday, April 16, 2006

HappyEaster!

The Easter Dalmatian!

Easter morning as usual, started off with the annual Easter Egg Hunt led by our 4 legged kid Weston, our Dalmatian. Weston LOVES eggs!


This goofy tradition started years ago. Wes and I, from the time he was very little, played a game I called “Go find it”. I would ask him to sit and stay in another room while I hid one of his toys, the he came running to find it, this and being chased are his favorite games. Anyway, food lover that he is, he loves to hunt for the eggs… and he is REALY good at it! When the hunt is announced he goes tearing through the house like a spotted maniac he finds the eggs and brings them to me and I save them in his basket for later.



Weston has an amazingly gentle mouth; it’s amazing how he never cracks the eggs when he picks them up. This pup would weigh 200 plus pounds if he lived on a farm! Between his love of eggs and milk, the chickens and cows would have no peace. Ok, yes, he is a bit spoiled and yes we do go a bit overboard with our dog… but that’s us, and he’s worth it!

We are having a terrific day at home just relaxing and looking forward to that Honey Baked Ham later ;-)

And watching the eggs!

1 comment:

shellybeeens said...

Weston sounds so adorable. It's amazing how he doesn't break the eggs. :) Anyway, I just want you to know that I love reading your blog.